Back in the U S of A and already missing Morocco

        Hello my loyal readers, this is my final blog post about my study abroad experience in Fes Morocco, and if any of you are just joining us feel free to read any of my seven other posts about the different places I visited. This post serves the purpose of summing up my experience with a little self reflection and sharing my experiences in my final days in Fes. Having spent most of my days in Fes, it became easy to navigate and explore the city. I have gotten lost and happened upon gardens hidden in a labyrinth of shops in the old Medina, gotten in fights with cabs over cab fare, gone to concerts on the main street, ate the most random foods and drinks from street vendors, and drank an unspeakable amount of tea with mint. The most positive experience I had was definitely with my host family. It is difficult to understand how you can become so close to a family despite all language and cultural barriers. They welcomed us without any hesitation and treated us just as they treated their own daughters. I have too many pictures of Ranya, the youngest daughter who is six years old who spent every minute I wasn't in class with me. This litter girl gave me life. My host mom was an angel and did everything in her power to make us comfortable, I wish there was something I could have done in return so she could understand how thankful we are. To everyone I traveled with from Bloomsburg, thank you for the best five weeks of my life. Despite everything that went wrong ( which was bound to happen when you take 8 kids abroad) you guys made my trip incredible.
         I never thought studying abroad would have been in option for me. The bill is a big one, but WELL WORTH IT. But I could not have done it without my parents who fronted the bill while I applied for many many many many scholarships. The Gilman Scholarship and Professional Experience Grant were the only reason I could have ever gone on this trip. If anyone reading is in the same boat of having no chance at affording study abroad but really wants to try and make it happen reach out to and I'll be more than happy to give the best advice I can! As always, write any comments/questions/concerns below and I'll make sure they are addressed. This is Amel, signing off!

"Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer" -Annonymous

























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meknes, Morocco

Just "Deserts"